Welcome to the SEO/SEM Tools session at PubCon Las Vegas!
Many online marketers have excellent skills in a couple of different areas, but the rest of the available tactics are underutilized. In this session, experts will discuss the most up-to-date tools in search engine marketing. Come learn all about search engine optimization, pay-per-click and more, so you can add more bang for your marketing buck.
Aaron Kronis, SEO Evangelist , Wpromote Inc.*
David Snyder, SVP of Product Development, BlueGlass
Jon Henshaw, Product Manager, Raven Internet Marketing Tools
- Rand Fishkin was supposed to be part of this session but is unable to attend.
Up first David Snyder
1. Define Needs
2. Identify APIs for those Needs
- Google Webmaster Tools
Dave likes Centraldesktop much better than basecamp
Interact with data
Hire developer that knows
Have them read documentation on your APIs and give you options for data.
Select how you will use data and have them begin building the calls and crawl for getting this information into your tool.
Hire a UI designer that knows HTML/CSS to develop a usable front end design
TEST & REFINE
- why is your tool better (flaw in most SEO tools)
what unique value will it add to your organization
how can the value be increased
Where to find social metrics
How to find backlinks
Where to find expert q&a
- Code that makes sense and solves problems will be standardized
- Original HTML was semantic but was vastly ignored by web designer
- Enter microformats
- Designed for Humans and Machines
- Structured Data
People, Organizations, Calendars, Events, Opinions, Ratings, Reviews, Licenses
For example hCard Creator at microformats.org
- Content Focused
- New Semantic Block Elements
header, section, article, aside, nav, footer
- Similar to AdSense Section Targeting
- HTML5boilerplate@boiler_plate http://hen.sh/gw
- search volume
Survey your target
- find out what actual customers look for
- task oriented user testing
- What do people want to read?
- Current trends, like those found at Google Insights can be helpful
- Semantic Proxy engine
- Open Calis Viewer
Opinions expressed in live blog posts are those of the presenter and not necessarily Brian Ussery or Search Discovery Inc..