Welcome to the SEO/SEM Tools session at PubCon Las Vegas!
Many online marketers have excellent skills in a couple of different areas, but the rest of the available tactics are underutilized. In this session, experts will discuss the most up-to-date tools in search engine marketing. Come learn all about search engine optimization, pay-per-click and more, so you can add more bang for your marketing buck.
Aaron Kronis, SEO Evangelist , Wpromote Inc.
David Snyder, SVP of Product Development, BlueGlass
Jon Henshaw, Product Manager, Raven Internet Marketing Tools
+ Rand Fishkin was supposed to be part of this session but is unable to attend.
Up first David Snyder
1. Define Needs
2. Identify APIs for those Needs
- Google Webmaster Tools
Dave likes Centraldesktop much better than basecamp
Interact with data
Hire developer that knows
- Have them read documentation on your APIs and give you options for data.
- Select how you will use data and have them begin building the calls and crawl for getting this information into your tool.
- Hire a UI designer that knows HTML/CSS to develop a usable front end design
TEST & REFINE
- why is your tool better (flaw in most SEO tools)
- what unique value will it add to your organization
- how can the value be increased
- Where to find social metrics
- How to find backlinks
- Where to find expert q&a
- Code that makes sense and solves problems will be standardized
- Original HTML was semantic but was vastly ignored by web designer
- Enter microformats
- Designed for Humans and Machines
- Structured Data
People, Organizations, Calendars, Events, Opinions, Ratings, Reviews, Licenses
For example hCard Creator at microformats.org
- Content Focused
- New Semantic Block Elements
header, section, article, aside, nav, footer
- Similar to AdSense Section Targeting
- HTML5boilerplate@boiler_plate http://hen.sh/gw
- search volume
Survey your target
- find out what actual customers look for
- task oriented user testing
- What do people want to read?
- Current trends, like those found at Google Insights can be helpful
- Semantic Proxy engine
- Open Calis Viewer
Opinions expressed in live blog posts are those of the presenter and not necessarily Brian Ussery or Search Discovery Inc..