by Carolina Beltrán, Digital Media Supervisor
Today, Google launched a significant change to AdWords: *Enhanced Campaigns*.
Google has found that consumer behavior has changed when it comes to computers, tablets & smartphones. People constantly switch between devices, using the one that works best for where they are and what they are trying to do. Enhanced Campaigns are Google’s response to changing consumer behavior and are designed to give marketers a simple way to promote the right messages to the right people based on user context and device capabilities.
1. Powerful marketing tools for the multi-device world – You can now adjust bids by location, time of day, and device. All devices will now roll up into one campaign and tablets/desktop will now be considered one device. You can opt out of mobile by bidding down on the device, but you will not be able to opt out of desktop/tablet all together.
2. Smarter ads optimized for varying user contexts – With Enhanced Campaigns, you’ll show ads across devices with the right ad text, SiteLink, app or extension, without having to edit each campaign for every possible combination of devices, location and time of day. You’ll now also be able to create SiteLinks at the ad group level and see individual stats for each link – whereas before you couldn’t.
3. Advanced reports to measure new conversion types – Google recognizes it’s been difficult to measure and compare customer interactions with your ads. To help you measure the full value of your campaigns, Enhanced Campaigns enables you to easily count calls and app downloads as conversions in your AdWords reports.
*Don’t *panic, friends!* It’s a big change, but *a slow transition period. Google will not force migration of existing campaigns until late Q2 2013. A*s with all new products, the sooner you are set up on Enhanced Campaigns, the more time you’ll have to establish credibility and see results start to ramp up. A few important notes: ***
– You will not need to create all new campaigns – You will be able to merge campaigns that already exist for the different devices.
– This will be a slow release, and you will gradually see the ability to upgrade appear in your AdWords account.
Please visit Google’s Enhanced Campaigns site for more information and reach out with any questions. We’re here to help!