Position Reports to: Director of SEO
This position requires experience in search engine optimization and marketing strategies, including: keyword research, analysis and selection; competitive site analysis; optimization of site content; optimization of meta elements as well as internal link placement and strategies. The right candidate also has excellent written, verbal, organizational and time management skills; can work independently and with a team; and is able to quickly learn complex software products and explain them to clients.
The SEO Specialist develops, generates, and interprets periodic performance reports used in ongoing site traffic analysis, monitoring organic search placement and evaluating overall SEO strategy effectiveness while making product improvement suggestions to improve a customer’s ranking in a competitive SEO environment. Successful experience working with dynamic sites and technical experience highly desired.
- Translate clients’ business goals into successful search engine optimization strategies
- Perform technical site analysis, competitive/keyword research, and link analysis
- Optimize various site elements, including site structure, linking and keyword integration
- Develop ongoing customer reports, which yield qualitative and quantitative trends for ongoing SEO efforts
- Understand and implement gap analysis between SEO and PPC in market
- Work with cross functional departments to develop and track all details of SEO initiatives
- Collaborate with Client Services and Media departments to feed SEO-specific findings into broader online media strategy
- Ample experience with technical web site evaluations
- Ability to quickly and clearly examine algorithmic best practices, opportunities and solutions that are applicable to a site property
- Provide quality web site optimization recommendations, results & client deliverables
- Strong ability in HTML with track record of developing content page templates for seamless implementation and positive SEO traction
- Work with clients and third party tracking systems to ensure various tracking elements are implemented before campaign launch dates. (Including code creation, documentation, team communication, and auditing support.)
- Solid understanding of shopping & comparison search engines, data feed creation, spec requirements, implementation issues, and QA for various uploads
- Shows continued effort to develop technology skill sets or qualifications
- Stays current with industry best practices and search engine technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with basic HTML coding
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2+ years organic search experience
- Must play well with others
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of in the technical production of websites, or web-related projects with some exposure to optimizing sites for search engines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Able to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Interested in this Job?
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Subject line should read “Resume Submission – SEO Specialist”.