Position Reports to: Sr. Manager of Analytics
Search Discovery is seeking a motivated web analytics specialist (WAS) to join the Client Performance team. The WAS will play an integral role in analyzing and improving client web sites. The WAS will help in the development of key performance indicators and dashboards for client use as well as consult on design, usability and information architecture based on learnings from web analytics. In this position, the WAS will work with industry experts in Web Analytics and Search Marketing. The role requires strong multi-tasking abilities and comfort in client-facing interactions, as each team member is responsible for multiple client accounts at a time.
Successful candidates will be team players, self-starters and exhibit a strong desire to learn. Serious apprentices of Internet and search marketing only please.
- Work with clients to become a partner in their company, and help improve their online business
- Work with Client Performance team to analyze trends in the data and make recommendations
- Design and implement analytics tagging strategies for clients, including technical troubleshooting and QA with client
- Design and implement testing strategies and plans for clients with tools such as Google Website Optimizer
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the various elements of the interactive marketing communications mix including account, media, analysis, and creative
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly campaign metrics and reporting
- Support Pay-Per-Click and Search Engine Optimization teams in any analytics needs
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an analytical role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- High proficiency with a range of web analytics tools, including Google Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst
- Internet enthusiast with a passion for exploring the online space, showing continued effort to develop technology skill sets or qualifications
- Able to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Prior experience in either an interactive or traditional advertising agency is preferred
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Interested in this Job?
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line should read “Resume Submission – Web Analytics Specialist”.