Senior Business Intelligence Associate Sean McClain takes on the “gaps and islands problem” in Salesforce using SQL window functions. What happens next will blow your mind!
- Released first production dashboards within 90 days
- Built a center of data excellence.
- Instilled an experimentation culture and optimization capability
- Drove 11% growth of registrations
- 388 net new contacts, opportunity valued at nearly $7.7MM
- Potential of $1MM cost savings in media spend
- 5.4% growth in YoY donations
We have crafted a playbook that’s used at the start of these engagements and focuses on a multi-level evaluation of your current state.
Before we can start developing a data and user governance plan for you, we need to know what you are working with. So we help you establish a baseline to understand your current state.
Understand your current state
- What are your pain points?
- Who currently uses the platform?
- What are the data sources for your platform?
- What does the adoption of your platform look like?
Understand the current owners of the platform.
- Who is currently making decisions on your platform relating to data connections?
- Who is currently making architecture decisions for your platform?
- Who is currently overseeing access and security in your platform?
Once we understand what you’re starting with, we will work with your team to determine which of the below areas are needed and most important. Once that priority is established, we will develop a roadmap with specific tasks associated with each area.
- Data & Security Access
- Communication & Escalation
- Data Quality & Validation
- Naming Conventions & Data Dictionary
- Engagement & Education
- Platform Clean-Up
In this installation of our data governance series, we tell you the 5 simplest steps to implementing a data governance framework. Learn about it now!
Like your laundry, all your data needs to be cleaned, touched, managed, and removed from the darn kitchen table. Use a data governance framework for this.
Implementing new tactics can be a challenge at any company. Get tips on successfully implementing a new BI platform and forming a strategy to help the adoption process go smoothly.
Let’s discuss what data governance framework options make sense for your BI software.
Connect with us to realize your data-driven competitive advantage.