COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE
Governance, compliance, and regulations like GDPR and CCPA are hot topics with online marketers today. Every industry that uses data is affected by end-user privacy rules and regulations, and each industry has their own regulations that govern how data should be treated, such as HIPAA for medical and SEC regulations for financial industries.
It’s challenging to establish processes and set up online marketing platforms to comply with these regulations! But a successful compliance and governance program is the best insurance to be prepared for what comes next. Search Discovery helps clients develop and cultivate a culture for managing compliance and governance.
WE EMPOWER YOU TO:
- Released first production dashboards within 90 days
- Built a center of data excellence.
- Instilled an experimentation culture and optimization capability
- Drove 11% growth of registrations
- 388 net new contacts, opportunity valued at nearly $7.7MM
- Potential of $1MM cost savings in media spend
- 5.4% growth in YoY donations
We have experience in helping companies through the process of developing and managing compliance and governance programs. This service is highly customizable depending on your needs. Below are our three stages of development.
During this phase we interview stakeholders from different departments, including data engineering. marketing, sales, operations, finance, and other areas, dependent on the governance effort needed. We review and assess clients’ websites, data sources, and platforms. And, depending on project scope, we potentially deliver the following services:
- Data sources and feeds inventory, including flows, dependencies, volume, frequency, and criticality
- Identification of missing data, failed updates, broken data sources, etc.
- Documentation on existing reports, report owners, audiences, frequency, and subjects
- Data access permissions, protocols, and status
- Platform assessment: Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Google Analytics, BI/reporting platforms, data warehouse, etc.
- Website assessment
- Regulatory compliance assessments: GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, SEC, or others
- Recommended actions for data governance, management, and compliance
ARCHITECT (SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT)
This is where we define the scope of governance and compliance efforts. This phase answers the question, “Where do we start?” Examples include:
- Understand scope of your governance efforts: GDPR, platform specific (Adobe, Google Analytics), business intelligence tool-specific, website, IT compliance, enterprise wide, data warehouse initiatives, naming conventions, PII/PHI, etc.
- Develop a Governance Charter: Identify stakeholders, individuals and\or set up a center of excellence responsible for these governance efforts
- Develop roadmap\plan for regulatory compliance for platforms, website or reporting solutions
- Develop dashboards or regulatory reporting
This is where the rubber meets the road. Depending on the scope that was defined in the Architect stage, we may provide the following:
- Leadership and project management in executing the road map
- Sync up with your company’s legal team to help gain support for compliance efforts across the organization
- Creation of a Governance Council
- Create Data Sources and Feeds Asset
- Inventory and upkeep procedures
- Data validation procedures documentation
- Write governance and compliance policies & procedures
- Implement the Governance & Management dashboards
- Execute on platform changes that resulted from regulator assessments
- Governance Standards documentation and process to properly maintain platforms
- Provide consistency to the interactive process of compliance and governance
Business Impact is the benefit realized from a project or initiative expressed in terms of taking action vs. doing nothing.
Leveraging audience insights in display and social marketing is second nature. But these insights also can and should be a part of your search marketing strategy. This post details the advantages of elevating personas with audience segments
Learn How and when you should consider revisiting strategy, and why the plans you made during normal times may no longer be a focus in a time of crisis.
Practical tips for ensuring your Domo instance sparks joy and delivers business value.