This Policy only applies to Personal Data (as defined below) and other information collected by us from: (i) visitors to our Site and users of our Services, (ii) job applicants and (iii) partners and clients.
- Information We collect
- Information Collected Automatically — Cookies
- How We Use of Your Personal Information and Data
- Lawful Basis
- Sharing and Disclosure
- Storing your Personal Data/Transfer of Data
- Third Party Links
- Individual Rights –
- Sensitive Data
- Our Policy on Children
- Contact Us
- Information We Collect
While using our site, you may provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). We may also receive information from clients where we act as a service provider or our partners, which may let us collect information about use of their sites/apps or they may share your information directly with us. There is Personal Data we collect, in accordance with law, that may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address,
- Phone number,
- Interest in company,
- IP address,
- Visitor id,
- Web behavior,
- Webinars attended,
- Conference attended,
- Chat logs,
- Digital advertising impressions/responses
- Information Collected Automatically — Cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your Internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies: We use these cookies to count visits and traffic sources, to measure and improve Site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Performance Cookies do not store any Personal Information. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Our third-party service providers may provide us information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you we would treat it as personal data.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of Personal Information as needed to provide functionality.
We specifically use third party services, Google Analytics, Pardot, Adobe Audience Manager, and Adobe Analytics, to collect standard internet log information, details of visitor behavior patterns, and, in some cases, to more effectively market our products and services through other media platforms and channel. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. If you would like to opt-out of these 3rd party services, please follow these links :
Don’t Want Cookies?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
- How We Use Your Personal Information and Other Data
We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including:
- To more effectively market our products and services through other media platforms and channels.
- Understand how users interact with the Services, which includes compiling aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future as well as for audience targeting.
- To deliver our marketing emails and newsletters.
- We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including transparent gifs to help us monitor and improve our e‑
- If you apply for a job with us, we only use the information for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary.
- To provide information about our products and services to you when you fill out the Contact Us form on our Site.
- Provide the Services to you, improve the quality of the service, and develop new products and services;
- Provide you with information about related goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you and fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with prior notice to you and your consent;
We use log data for various internal business purposes which include:
- To monitor abuse and prevent illegal activities and fraud,
- To troubleshoot product functionality and fix bugs;
- To track people’s preferences which allows us to create new services, features and content that may be more personalized for you and your interests;
- To track behavior on an aggregated/anonymous level to track and understand trends related to our offerings and services.
- Lawful Basis of Processing
We may process your data based on one of three main legal grounds: (1) our legitimate interests/provide services; (2) any contract between you and us; and (3) your consent.
- Provide Services: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
- Performance of Contract: We will use Personal Data and Other Data to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- User Consent: If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
- Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We share your information in the following ways.
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Analytics. Specifically, for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. These are web analytics service offered by Google and Adobe that track and report website traffic. Each uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google and Adobe services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Adobe tracks you across all of your devices and creates websites, apps and ads that are customized for you, across your devices without collecting information that directly identifies the individual person.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
- Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
Search Discovery administers and operates the Site from its location in Atlanta, GA, USA. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Third party links
This Site may contain links to other independent third-party Web sites (“Linked Sites”). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under Search Discovery’s control, and Search Discovery is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
- Individual Rights
We have operations in the UK and in the US. Below we will provide information about what your individual rights are depending on where you are located.
8.1 EU Residents
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
- Choosing not to provide your personal data
- Accessing, or obtaining a copy of, your personal data
- Checking and editing your data in your user account
- Unsubscribing from direct marketing
- Checking and editing your personal data
- Blocking and deleting the cookies
- Permitting or refusing processing of your location data
- Erasure, or restriction of our processing, of your data
- Objecting to the processing of your personal data
- Withdrawing your consent
- Porting your data to another controller
- Lodging a claim at the supervisory authority
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed below, you may be requested to provide additional information for identification purposes. Such additional information shall not be used for any other purpose and will be removed after successful identification.
- Providing your data: You may choose not to provide your personal data to us. It should be noted that some features of our websites and other services may not be fully available to you if you choose not to provide us with your personal data (e.g., we may not be able to process your orders without the necessary details).
- Right of access: You may have the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data, together with information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of those data.
- Unsubscribing:We include an unsubscribe link in all electronic marketing messages we send to you. You may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will not send you further direct marketing, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
- Checking and editing your personal data: Should you have an online user account, you may edit and complete your personal data directly yourself. If you do not have an online user account, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who will upon your request as soon as possible rectify, remove or complete the information which is incorrect, unnecessary, lacking or outdated.
- Blocking and deleting cookies:You may block the cookies using your browser settings. Please note that blocking the cookies may affect the usability of our websites. You may also delete the cookies from your browser via its settings, in which case the information collected by the previous cookie will not affect the account created based on the information collected after such deletion.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Allowing use of location data: You may give your consent to the use of location data in the options of the device or the application. You may also withdraw such consent at any time from the options menu in your account, or by contacting email@example.com.
- Erasure, or restriction of our processing, of your data: Should you believe that we process your data which is not accurate; the processing is illegal; we are not processing your data in accordance with the processing purpose or you want to oppose the processing, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the erasure, or restrictions on the processing, of your data. Please note that we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
- Right to object: You may have the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
- Withdrawing your consent. You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other legal bases, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law. However, it should be noted that your account(s) on our web store(s) will be removed, and advantages granted to you via your account will be reset. Please note that withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal.
- Right to data portability:You may have the right to have your personal data transferred to another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to the extent applicable.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
8.2 California Residents
Additional Notice for California Consumers — This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in California.
- Personal Information We Collect About California Residents
We describe the personal information we have collected about consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, “Personal Data Collected” above. The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, unique id, and other identifiers listed in the Personal Data Collection section above.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” and (2) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law list any of these that you collect: Age (40 and older).
- Commercial information, including information about orders or purchases of any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, survey or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps, or Search Discovery pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be reported, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collet when you visit our websites, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumers preference and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- We collect this personal information from sources that include our clients and other sources referenced in the “Personal Data Collected” section above.
- Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
Search Discovery does not sell your data —we are not data brokers, and we don’t put your data on the open market. However, under the CCPA, some sharing of personal information necessary to provide you with personalized ads and with some of our partners may be considered a “sale,” even if no money is exchanged. In that respect, we have disclosed email addresses and contact information to other businesses and third parties which include our joint marketing partners when we host webinars and events with them within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice. As is common practice among businesses that operate websites, we may also have disclosed certain online identifiers, information about the use of our website and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Resident Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Use of Your Information” above and “Where and How We Share and Disclose Your Information”.
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the personal information we collect, please see “Use of Your Information” and “Where and How We Share and Disclose Your Information” sections above.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
220.127.116.11 Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with us, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hinderance
18.104.22.168 Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To Opt-Out, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information (link?)
- Right to No Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive different price or rate for goods or service or at a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
8.2.4 Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Logging in to your account (if you have an account) and submitting a request (provide link to log in page);
- Submitting a request to [insert contact info or link to contact page]
- Calling us toll-free at [insert 1800 number]
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
8.2.5 Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at email@example.com or by writing us at the address below.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
- Sensitive Data
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
- Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 18. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
- Contacting us
This privacy notice does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of SDI’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1866−708−1516.
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
In the US:
271 17th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30363
In the UK/EU:
7 Pancras Square,
London, N1C 4AG, United Kingdom