Google Marketing Platform (GMP) is a set of tools for digital advertising that allows for easy optimization and reporting of live campaigns across platforms. A few benefits of utilizing Google’s marketing ecosystem include the opportunity to analyze cross-channel audiences and leverage its many reporting capabilities to bolster your campaign strategies. To take advantage of these benefits, Google and its partners recommend linking Google Analytics with the marketing platform.
What is Search Ads 360 (formerly DoubleClick Search)?
Formerly known as DoubleClick Search, Search Ads 360 is a platform that allows advertising teams to consolidate search campaigns and manage them in one platform. Campaigns aren’t limited to Google Ads—advertisers can connect Microsoft Ads (formerly Bing Ads), Yahoo, and more. Search Ads 360 has features that improve automation and enterprise functionality, as well as reporting features that help brands better understand cross-engine performance.
Benefits of linking SA360 and Google Analytics
Linking SA360 and Google Analytics creates more options for reporting and visibility into analytics data, as well as automation and bid strategy management, all at a user’s fingertips.
Linking also improves reporting capabilities that help advertisers take action on their data.
- Advertisers can create custom columns in their SA360 report and report on eCommerce transactions and goals (read more about eCommerce features in GA4 here).
- Google Analytics and GA4 data include site metrics that aren’t available with floodlight or engine conversion data. These metrics can provide additional marketing performance context.
- Workflows are more straightforward with a Google Analytics connection to SA360 since goal management is centralized in Google Analytics for marketing channels.
How to link Search Ads 360 & Google Analytics
Below is a list of steps advertisers need to take to link a user’s SA360 & Analytics accounts and reap the benefits of GMP integration.
Ensure Correct Permissions
The user account needs the following permissions to link SA360 to an Analytics account. Without these, users won’t be able to see some of the directions provided below.
- Search Ads 360: Users need “agency manager” or “advertiser manager” permissions.
- Google Analytics: At the Account or Property level, users need the “Manage Users,” “Edit,” “Collaborate,” “Read,” and “Analyze” permissions.
Link the tools
- In Search Ads 360, find “advertiser”
- Advertiser settings
- If it’s not on already, turn on the Conversions API
- Click the Integrations tab and select “Conversions API”
- Turn Conversions API to On
- Click Save
- To link Search Ads 360 with Google Analytics:
- Click the Integrations tab and select Google Analytics integration
- Turn Google Analytics support to On
- In “Web Property ID,” enter the Google Analytics property ID that you use to track activity on your site
- Click Save
- Under Available views, select a Google Analytics view
- To Link Search Ads 360 with GA4:
- Click the Integrations tab and select GA4 integration
- Turn Google Analytics 4 switch to On
- Choose a Google Analytics 4 property.
- Click Save
Search Discovery can help
If you still have questions about linking SA360 and Google Analytics, don’t hesitate to reach out. Search Discovery is a trusted Google Premier Partner and a Sales Partner, among the top 3% of Google Partners globally, fully certified and trusted by Google to sell and provide services for software across the Google Marketing Platform and the Google Cloud Platform. We can help your brand thrive and fully utilize the Google ecosystem.