Browser changes are here.
Be prepared to thrive.
Here’s what is happening
In early 2019, Safari rolled out an upgraded version of its Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP). Now, in Fall 2021, Apple released its yearly upgrades for iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and Safari 15.
This means that ITP now affects all browsers in Apple’s mobile Ecosystem, which makes tracking those visitors increasingly difficult. When you can’t identify visitors, you can’t optimize marketing spend, utilize personalization, or get representative A/B testing insights.
Additionally, Safari 15—via its new IP Obfuscation feature—now cross-references requests with a DuckDuckGo tracker list, and, upon finding a match, hides the user’s real IP Address from the service. Historically, companies have erred on the side of tracking everything, but this change means that sites will need a much more strategic plan for what to track, in order to best serve customers and to keep concerned customers from opting out.
And more browser changes are forthcoming.
What’s the impact?
Losing tags and cookies doesn’t just affect your data, it impacts your entire business. Search Discovery can make your cookies last longer, improve your marketing investments, and help you deliver better customer experiences.
UNDERSTANDING THE URGENCY
How we can help
Here’s how they work:
- You provide us with a URL that you want scanned for browser change impacts on tracking.
- We provide you with a report detailing technical challenges by browser and identification of affected cookies/external domains.
- We will also provide high level suggestions for next steps.
- Google Server Side: Current available solution in Beta for GTM customers to shift data server side.
- Tealium EventStream: Current available solution which can allow many tags blocked by browsers to fire server side.
- Adobe Launch Server Side: Currently released and is in active development.
Randomized Controlled Trials are the gold standard for accurate results measurement. Our RCT solutions work without individual-level tracking and have helped clients see a 40% increase in qualified leads, reduce media spend while creating better results, and enter new markets with confidence.
An additional option to fill in the information gap created by the browser updates is through a data science integration and attribution modeling. We can help companies work with the data they have, determine if data science is a good fit, and focus on decoupling reliance on cookies in order to support existing business functionality in a new way.
STAY UP TO DATE
Browser Change Aggregation Page
Aggregate news about the impact of browser changes on analytics.
Search Discovery Blog
Sign up for a free audit to understand the impact these browser changes have on your data!
What you will receive:
- A report detailing technical challenges by browser and identification of affected cookies/external domains.
- High-level suggestions for next steps.
There’s a lot to learn about the Adobe Experience Platform. This post gives you some easy-to-understand basics to help ground your team and begin to inform your migration to AEP.
Learn how conversion modeling works in Google Analytics 4 so you can make important business decisions.
Utilizing event-driven data layers is beneficial for modern, best practice, data collection. Search Discovery’s multi-part data layer guide will help you with implementation and management.
Apple’s iOS 15 update comes as marketers and analysts prepare for the holiday season. Learn which common KPIs and tracking analytics are impacted.