Your Identification of Visitors Over Time is Broken
Over the past two years, there has been a flurry of activity related to tracking prevention, and you can expect more to follow. Web and mobile browsers are starting to integrate technology such as Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) to shorten the time that a cookie will identify a website visitor. With the release of iOS14+, Apple applied ITP to all browsers that access iOS14+ or iPadOS14+ as well the desktop version of Safari.
Changes you’re experiencing now:
- If a visitor arrives from a tracking domain with data in the URL, these values may be lowered to 24 hours
Search Discovery’s Orion Cookie Extension Service fixes your identity duration challenges
Benefits that Orion Cookie Extension Service Delivers
- Better understanding of marketing attribution & Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Improved retargeting & remarketing capabilities
- Improved user experience via experimentation & personalization
- Improved experimentation efficacy
- Improved return visitor measurement
Orion Works Best for Brands Who:
- Have repeat visitors…that they care about
- Have long sales cycles
- Engage customers cross-session
- Spend money on advertising & other types of marketing
- Run A/B tests across sessions
- Personalize across sessions
Orion’s Approach to Extending Client-Side, First-Party Cookies
Step 1: Evaluate which first-party cookies on your root domain you want to extend.
Step 2: Create a DNS A-record for Orion to leverage.
Step 3: Configure which cookies you want to extend on which domains and how long you want to extend them in Orion.
Step 4: Install the Orion library via our Adobe Launch Extension or Google Tag Manager Community Template and create a rule to call the Orion Cookie Extension Service.
Step 5: QA and release.
We can set up Orion for you in under a day, and we help brands with a host of privacy challenges.